Regional Property Manager
|Sewell or Port Washington
||NJ or NY
Summary: The Regional Property Manager is a vital role in the company. This position is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative and maintenance operation of multiple retail properties within the portfolio while assuring the company’s standards are achieved and superior customer service is delivered. The Regional Property Manager oversees the property management staff to insure that all company and departmental goals for the region are met.
- Provide a property management leadership role to the region by coaching, counseling, and supervising employees.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operations guidelines and company policies and procedures for Cedar.
- Coordinate with leasing & construction counter parts to ensure that company’s goals for the region are met.
- Participate with executive team on acquisitions, re-developments and dispositions for the region.
- Ensure contact with tenants on a regular basis to assess needs and provide resolution to tenant issues and provide exemplary customer service through a proactive and positive approach.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of leases and ensure tenants and landlord responsibilities are in compliance.
- Provide oversight of contractors and maintenance personnel at properties so they are being maintained properly and as required.
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs and property inspections are implemented in accordance with company standards.
- Assess property conditions and coordinate the repairs of any deficiencies within property budget.
- Review maintenance log each month to insure follow up and resolution.
- Negotiate & bid maintenance agreements with contractors for the upkeep of the center.
- Develop specifications for capital items, bid and analyze pricing from vendors and monitor projects.
- Work with internal departments such as Leasing, Construction, Accounting, and external parties, construction companies, miscellaneous vendors and town officials.
- Assist with rent collections, negotiate payment plans with delinquent tenants and coordinate collection proceedings with Director of Property Management.
- Follow tenant improvement process and coordinate delivery of tenant’s spaces that require minimal Landlord work.
- Direct delivery of possession, return of possession and rent commencement notices.
- Financial reporting and duties for property operations including:
- Develop property level & capital budgets on annual basis.
- Review office maintenance log to insure resolution to property issues.
- Approve all property invoices.
- Review and approve CAM, Real Estate Tax and Insurance reconciliations.
- Prepare variances, straight- line rent and vacancies reports on a monthly basis.
- Review tenant gross sales reports and evaluate for annual audits.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Management that may be required now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with at least 5 years of multi-property, retail property management experience.
- CSM certification preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word).
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must have strong operational and reporting skills, plus excellent tenant relations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
|Sewell or Port Washington
||NJ or NY
Summary: Cedar Realty Trust, a publicly traded REIT that owns, develops and operates retail shopping centers, is seeking a Director, Development to lead its development/redevelopment projects throughout its portfolio. The successful candidate will rely on extensive experience, creativity, intuition, work ethic and exhibit judgment to plan and accomplish an array of goals to take the projects from conception to stabilization. This position will directly manage the Project Consultant team to craft the vision and strategy for the project, and will work collaboratively with internal departments (Leasing, Construction, Asset Management, Property Management, Legal, & Accounting). This position will report to the VP, Development and will be based in Cedar’s Port Washington, NY or Philadelphia, PA Office, however travel may be required.
- Analyze valuation models and development scenarios for new and existing assets in conjunction with preparation of the strategic plan for individual assets
- Ensure departmental and corporate guidelines are followed
- Accountable for strict adherence to project budget, schedule and quality
- Oversee municipal approval of specific projects
- Research municipal requirement (i.e. zoning, land use etc.) and timing for new development/redevelopment opportunities
- Develop network of contacts for local jurisdiction where Cedar has development assets
- Prepare permit/submittal applications with required documentation for site/civil/building permits and process through receipt of permits
- Attend community/township meetings to present the project’s program and represent the company’s interests
- Oversee and coordinate the Design / Consultant team for development projects
- Review Construction documentation, bid documents, project specifications to fully understand the project scope of work
- Review General Contractor bid submittals with Construction Team
- Work closely with Construction director on value engineering opportunities
- Nurture new and existing retailers through the project
- Work with leasing team to develop merchandising strategy and plan
- Review change requests in project scope and make recommendation to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate or Business Related Field preferred
- A Minimum of 7-10 years relevant working experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Must take initiative and have a commitment to push for results in a fast paced environment with direct accountability for budget, schedule and quality
- Must possess a strong professional work ethic with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have experience with zoning, entitlements and land use issues
- Ability to manage and evaluate multiple project simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated in the ability to lead a group of people toward a common goal
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- A history of working effectively with contractors and sub-contractors responsible for completing various phases of development projects
- Must accept responsibilities and be held accountable for deliverables
- Strong background in cost estimating
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel and Project
- The ability to travel is required
|Sewell or Port Washington
||NJ or NY
Cedar is seeking a Director of Construction who will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Development and Construction and will be responsible primarily for major development & redevelopment projects.
- Manage Cedar’s construction activity relative to selected key projects, including design development, preconstruction due diligence, contractor selection and qualification, bid/award or GMP negotiation, construction administration and project close-out
- Interface directly with internal and external stakeholders to define project requirements and constraints and obtain input on design and budgets
- Coordinate with Leasing representatives and Tenants during lease negotiation process, develop and compile all documents (work letters, budgets, lease exhibits) for completion
- Oversee the development of all design work from schematic concept to CD’s to insure that company and project-specific budgetary and quality goals and standards are met
- Identify and pre-qualify the strongest GC’s or CM’s in the market for each prospective project
- Oversees competitive bid or GMP award process, works with SVP and legal to prepare and execute contract agreements, and maintains ultimate responsibility for construction budgets and schedules
- Build and maintain relationships with tenants’ construction & development team
- Prepare and present monthly Development/Construction reports to Executive team
- Efficiently and productively plan, organize, budget, schedule and execute assigned tasks; manage multiple assignments and priorities; develop contingency plans and adapt quickly to changing circumstances and priorities
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the retail and/or construction industry in a position closely matching the job description above
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction.
- A verifiable track record of successful management of significant retail projects. Familiarity with and expertise in mixed use projects, particularly retail with residential and/or office components, is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a strong work ethic, high integrity and ethical standards
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion and perform under heavy time and workload pressure when necessary
- Strong conceptual estimating & budgeting skills are necessary, as well as a thorough grasp of contractor selection, bid processes, and management of multiple active construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to perform a full range of project management duties with limited direct supervision
- Must be capable of managing and delivering multiple projects within budget and on schedule concurrently.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required and participate in an open, “team” oriented work atmosphere
- Solid experience reading and critically evaluating construction documents, preparing Landlord scope of work, and understanding of retail lease document development is required
- Demonstrated expertise in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project. Understanding of typical “Job Cost” systems is also important